Sunday, June 21, 2009

Food

Peruvians are very proud of their food. When I first got here everyone went out of their way to tell me how great the food is (especially in the North, they say). They would then rattle off three or four Peruvian dishes and tell me how important it was that I try them all. This made me wonder what kinds of foods I'm proud of as an American, and more specifically as an Oregonian. If a Peruvian came to stay with me for three days back home in the States, what would I make sure they tasted before they went home? I've put some serious thought into this, and I think it goes something like this:

Day 1
Breakfast--Homemade waffles with fruit and whipped cream, thick cut bacon and scrambled eggs. 
Lunch--Big Town Hero/Gandolpho's. American's have mastered the art of the submarine sandwich.
Dinner--Barbecued hamburgers, with blueberry cobbler for dessert.

Day 2
Breakfast--Denver Omelet
Lunch--Izzy's Pizza
Dinner--Barbecued Steak Marsala 

Day 3
Breakfast--
Lunch--
Dinner--

I need some help with day 3. Any suggestions??

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Wow, this is making me hungry. I think I'd add a hot dog with the works on it for a lunch. How American is that?

family member said...

Breakfast: fruit smoothies, scrambled eggs with bacon, whole wheat toast


Lunch: BLT sandwich, chips, carrot sticks, chocolate chip cookies


Dinner Beef Pot Roast with carrots, onions, potatoes; green salad with croutons; Southern biscuits with butter, jam, or honey, and homemade lemon meringue pie