Friday, November 30, 2007

World Domination

Last week I downloaded this little map for my blog, so I can see more or less where my visitors come from (you can see the map over on the right side). I’m surprised by a couple of things, like the fact that there are more than two people who read this, and that apparently someone in Portugal has seen my blog. I don’t think I know anyone in Portugal at the moment, but I could be wrong. Which leads me to a couple thoughts:

I know my sisters read this, and my friend Sam. But other than that I’m really in the dark about the rest of you. It’d be nice to meet you all though, so feel free to leave a comment, tell us as random story, etc. If you’re a crazy ex, or are in the process or stalking me, feel free to remain anonymous, too. Either way, no big deal.

Looking at the map of blog visitors and seeing that little red dot in Portugal really makes me feel like I’m playing Risk. I’ve just wandered into Europe from North America on my quest for world domination.

Everyone knows the key to world domination is Australia

So naturally what I’d REALLY like to see are more dots in more random places. If we could get a red dot in Africa, that’d be amazing. Australia? Brazil? Antarctica? Even better. So, if you have any friends on vacation, or if you know anyone living abroad, tell them to visit the blog. Shameless self promotion, I know, but I just couldn’t help myself.

6 comments:

My name is Patrick. said...

If you want to track your users better, go to

analytics.google.com

it lets you see how many visitors you get a day, how they found you, etc. For instance, someone found my blog by googling "9' Costco shuffleboard".

Sorry we didn't meet up in SLC, both nights were special dinner things and I didn't get any time. Fairly lame. I'm back in Albany the 23rd to about the 27th if you're around.

Sam said...

I won't lie. That Portugal visit was actually me looking at your blog from a vtunnel server (see www.vtunnel.com for more info).

Stephen Robbins said...

I hate you.

family member said...

Your mother is watching :)

Emily S. said...

Yes... Morgan and I are representing the east coast! Yahoo.

Unknown said...

Every breath you take . . .
Every move you make . . .
I'm watching you.


Hugs and kisses,
Aaron in Laurel, MD