Saturday, December 8, 2007

God Bless the Internet

I am constantly finding new, innovative, and exciting ways to avoid getting things done. If I spent as much time reading as I did checking ESPN for updates, I'd be some sort of smart person (instead of the very average person I am today). I've decided I need to cut back on my electronic media consumption (other than my Anna Nicole Tribute blog, which requires daily updating). I'm only going to check my email 3 times a day, and sports websites 2 times a day.

The real reason I need to cut back is because I've found a new, much cooler way to waste my time online. You're going to want to check out this website. It allows you to morph a picture of yourself to see what you'd look like under . . . different circumstances? Here's the picture I started with:

I found that using a black and white picture works best. It also helps if you try really really hard to look hardcore (this happens to be one of my specialties. Don't sweat it if you can't nail the look quite like I can). Here are a few results with corresponding observations:

Old Me

I was hoping I could age gracefully and maintain some level of attractiveness, a la Robert Redford, George Clooney, etc. Instead it looks like I'll be aging about as gracefully as this guy plays basketball. Old me looks depressed, but really I think all he needs is a good moisturizer.

Black Me
For some reason this morphing program seems to think black people have green lips, I honestly don't know where that came from. Basically they gave me a wider nose, bigger lips, and a really bad tan. I can guarantee you though, if I looked like this I'd have a lot more people at the gym wanting me to play on their pick up basketball team.

Total side track: I'm a little tired of everyone at the gym assuming that being black=being awesome at basketball. I will be in line, waiting to play a pick up game for something like 4 days, when in comes some random black guy who instantly gets picked up and is playing in the next game. Unfortunately for the team that picked him, he's actually from Zaire, grew up playing soccer not basketball, can't catch, throw, shoot or dribble, oh, and his English is really bad too. He commits 14 turnovers, shoots 0-20, never runs back on defense, and fails to understand the basic rules of the game. Good choice though, sure, absolutely . . .

Moving on . . .

Chick Me

My female counterpart is actually pretty hot, except for the beard. I'm not even wearing any makeup, so I'm pretty proud of how this one turned out.

Asian Me

Well, apparently Asians don't have foreheads, at least according to this morphing program.

There are other morphing options, but these were my favorites. Check it out, feel free to post some of your results.

No comments: